The FastFerment Insulated Jacket allows you to create the ideal temperature for your Brewing & WineMaking in FastFerment.
Create Ideal Temperatures
The Insulated Jacket is a system that’s affordable & gets the job done to create ideal brewing & winemaking temperatures in the FastFerment.
It works with the Wall Mounts & with the Stand. In hot climates, add 2L bottles of ice to cool it down, switching them out every 2-5 days. In cool climates, simply add a heating pad. The Insulated Jacket also works with any standard bucket or carboy.
Details and Dimensions
- Sturdy nylon exterior
- Waterproof thermo plastic inside
- Dimensions: 20.5" diameter, 34" tall
How Does The Insulated Jacket Work?
- 1. The Insulated Jacket works great up to a 30 degrees F drop below room
- 2. It is easy to control the desired temperature by using frozen 2-liter bottles as follows:
- - One frozen 1-liter bottle will result in a 2.5 degree F drop below room temperature.
- - One frozen 2-liter bottle will result in a 5 degree F drop over below temperature.
- - Two frozen 2-liter bottles will result in a 10 degree F drop below room temperature.
- - Three frozen 2-liter bottles will result in a 15 degree F drop below room temperature.
- - This method is scalable all the way up to around a 30 degree F drop below room
- 3. A frozen 2-liter bottle typically does not thaw completely in 24 hours so it is easy to
maintain a constant temperature drop.
- 4. The following graph highlights a lager fermented at 53 degrees F in a 68 degree F room.
For this test, 3 frozen 2-liter bottles were cycled every 24-36 hours.